Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Collaborative Piano Blog is 10 Years Old!

CPB circa 2006
10 years ago, I embarked on a journey of exploration, discovery, and long nights figuring out how to format sidebars in HTML. Since then, the blogging journey has introduced me to the wide variety of career options in collaborative piano, what it is and is not, its tough decisions, wide educational opportunities, and professional challenges.

And since starting the blog, I've found my own professional direction changing, from a mostly performance-oriented one to a busy schedule that attempts to combine a happy medium of performance, teaching, writing, and administration.

Hugh Sung of A Musical Life had a chance to interview me for his podcast a few weeks ago, and the depth of research that he did prior to the show's taping helped him to ask me some wise and pointed questions about my development over the last 20 years, including what my Vancouver experience meant to me and why I left it, why I started the Collaborative Piano Blog, the joys and disappointments of freelancing, why I moved into the piano pedagogy field, and how 2005 was a genuinely pivotal year for me. If you have a free hour and you're interested in an interesting take on my musical views, you can find the episode here.



No comments:

Post a Comment